2011 Five Thirteen
Red Wine Blend
The Thirteen Series is our proprietary southern Rhône style blend using up to thirteen of the grape varietals traditional to Châteuneuf-du-Pape, here we have blended five: 34% Grenache + 32% Syrah+ 23% Mourvèdre + 6% Counoise + 5% Cinsault.
91pts Stephen Tanzer's IWC Issue 168: May/June 2013
Gamey notes dance with crushed free berries, herbs, cola, leather and floral hints. The palate shows off the wine’s stuffing with chewy tannins, respectable acidity and lingering flavors of cranberry and cassis.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyards: Fenaughty, Lightner,
- Neighbors & Swansboro
- Varietals: Syrah, Mourvèdre, Grenache,
- Counoise & Cinsault
- Harvested: Oct 10 – Oct 20, 2011
- Blend: 34% Grenache, 32% Syrah, 16%
- Mourvèdre, 6% Counoise & 5% Cinsault.
- Fermentation: Wild yeast in neutral oak vats
- Bottled: Unfiltered on February 12, 2013
- Production: 470 cases
- Release date: Spring 2013